»

Friday, March 9, 2012

Week 26

As we prepare for a week off for spring break, we wrapped up a few units this week in math, science and social studies.


In language arts, our letter of the week was Kk and we learned this with the help of Katy the Kangaroo.






Our book of the week was Oak Trees. Our sight words were "little" and "said".




We concluded our 3D shapes this week. We learned about the rectangular prism.




And we also learned the pyramid.




We finished our chart on 3D shapes counting the number of edges, faces and vertices of each shape.




We concluded by making a fun Cat in the Hat 3D shape book.


We read a few books about rattlesnakes.




Then we made our own rattlesnakes and decorated them with patterns.





We read about cowboys.




And we made our own cowboys.










Our room is nicely decorated with all our Texas creations.




Ms. Phillips came and talked to us about the word "consequences". We enjoyed playing a game with her.




We learned about natural resources. We learned about renewable and non-renewable resources and how they are useful to us. We learned how important they are to us and what we can do to protect them. We watched a movie about them and wrote about them in our science journals.




We had fun reading a lot of Texas fairy tales and comparing them to traditional fairy tales. Here are just a few that we read.










We are looking forward to going to the rodeo on Thursday when we return from spring break. Also, please remember that we have individual and class pictures on Tuesday. Have a fantastic spring break!

19 comments:

  1. Just found your blog through the linky party! Super cute ideas! I'm follower #19...
    :) Kelly
    http://youngkindergarten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly, your blog is pretty cute too.

      Delete
  2. I found you through Jeannie's Linky Party. You have a very cute blog. I am your newest follower, #20. I hope that you will come check out my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you both for the sweet compliments. I am not following you too. It's so much fun to blog.

      Delete
  3. Love those cowboys! So cute! Found you through the linky party and I'm your newest follower. :)
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, cute kiddos. I found you through the linky party and just joined your site as a follower. I teach first in CA.
    Vicky
    Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Vicky, I already follow you. You have a great blog too.

      Delete
  5. My picture is not showing up for some reason to show that I am following you. I will keep trying.
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why you aren't showing up either, Lori, but I started following your blog too.

      Delete
  6. HI Shauna! I am glad you want my graph pack! I just saw you are in Austin too! What district are you in?

    Erica

    Sprinkles to Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I just found your blog on the Linky Party!! I am now a follower! Come on over and check out my blog!

    http://williams2ndgradepigpen.blogspot.com/

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked it out and am following you too now.

      Delete
  8. Love the cowboys! I am a new follower.
    Tammy
    http://www.klingercafe.com/2012/03/sols-1631-2012-eighteen-hours-and-two.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Following you now through Google Friend Connect. :)
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm your newest follower, glad I found your blog.

    Kimberley
    First in Maine

    ReplyDelete
  11. You started following me and now I'm following you! Cute blog!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shauna, I just found your blog, and those Texas books look really cool! I'm from Maryland and I didn't even know there were special fairy tales with Texas as a setting. I tried to find "Cinderbottom" from the picture, but I couldn't tell who the author was. Could you let me know where you found that book, and who wrote it? If you have time, I would love it if you stopped by my blog.

    Sharon Dudley, NBCT
    http://teachingwithsight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon,thanks for the compliments. The book is actually called Cindy Ellen. The boy was holding the back of the book, not the front. Here is the link for purchase http://www.amazon.com/Cindy-Ellen-Wild-Western-Cinderella/dp/0060274468 It is a western play on Cinderella. Her step sisters also called her Cinderbottom. I am going to check out your blog right now.

      Delete